Friday, January 4, 2013

15 Questions With Tree City Dj and 845R8DIO Personality Dj King Cyrus

Yesterday we caught up with one of Hudson Valleys Legendary Dj's King Cyrus for Our "Who Are You" Segment.
1..My Name is Donovan J Royall aka Dj King Cyrus 2. Fancy, Party Rocker, Blend, Scratch, Battle.. 3. I'm a class clown, love to play basketball, love going to Knicks games, can take as many jokes as i give, 4.. I think what makes me stand out from 96% of the dj's in my area is the fact I am connected to the streets because i'm a street dude that even tho i made it out i'm still there.. most dj's talk street because they know street people, but I lived that life for real.. 5.. I'm not gonna say I'm a producer because I dont put in alot of time doing that, but I have and can make beats, and being that I'm a dj that likes to blend, thats where my producing comes into play.. 6..My current projects....Hmmm I'm working on my mixtape series Everythings A Go, which is a series of blend cd's, I also have an R&B mixtape in the works with J Hood formally of dblock.. I am also the Road Dj for J Hood and ODG ent.. 7..Where do I See myself in 5 years?? I really cant answer that, but I will say I hope that I'm still healthy and living out my dreams.. 8.. I gets my inspiration from my mother who had me when she was 14 yrs old.. growing up with her and being around music at an early age and seeing how hard she worked for me and my brothers, makes me work hard.. 9.. I listen to pretty much every kinda music out, right now I'm not really feeling how the industry is forgetting about NY rap so I listen to NY real hip hop b4 anything.. 10.. My early influences were Dj Kid Capri, and all the real official dj's either from the old school or on the come up.. These New School cat's they are my competition and thats what makes me go harder.. 11..What's your Style? Give us five words to describe it. Oh, Fashion is everything to me..idk if I can give you 5 words on it tho.. but I can say that I'm always up on the newest fashion.. u will nerver catch me with tight skinny jeans on tho.. 12..How can artist and promoter contact you? For any artist that would like to work with me you can hit me up at 845-505-3773, or email me @djcyrus845@gmail.com.. or hit up 845R8DIO network on facebook.com 13..How important are local Dj's to up and coming artist? If a dj is not breaking new artist or records what is he or she good for?? and why are they even calling themselves a dj?? 14..Do you support the local music scene? I support all local artist, actually I'm the first local dj to put together a track with 11 artist from different towns on it together,its called Down Wit Da King, you can google dj king cyrus down wit da king and hear this track and the video will be coming out soon.. 15...Any Last Words for the People? Just make sure you check my New radio show "The Grind Junkies" on 845R8DIO.COM with my fellow Tree City Dj, Dj Big Will and follow me on twitter @therealdjcyrus8 and like my fan page Dj King Cyrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment