Monday, January 28, 2013

"WHO'S HOT IN THE 845" DAY NIZZY OF U.S. (UNIQUE SOLDIERS USFH)


I live and breath to assist the local unsigned and independent artist reach their potential. Watching young talent blossom into seasoned artist and grind daily building their brands, and gaining recognition regionally and nationally Reminds me of the old days when some of the greatest acts in music history all performed and toured together and shared a common bond, the love of music. I created this blog "Headphone Politics" because I'm a Musik Head and my partners are Musik Headz as well and we wanted a way to show the power of support for our local talent and giving them a platform to showcase why we should be listening to them, and allow you the fan to Learning a little about them so that you can decide if you want to know more about them and their music. Our "Who's Hot In The 845" will showcase those artist we feel represent the best in the region, and this will cover all genre's. Today we will feature Day Nizzy of U.S. (Unique Soldiers USFH) 






HEADPHONE POLITICS - WHO IS DAY NIZZY?

DAY NIZZY - As of today I like to consider myself as a guy that fully understands who I am as a person and an artist. Dwight Dejohn Young is no different then Day Nizzy due to the fact that I never wanted to create a Day Nizzy Persona that people would like instead Dejohn Young. I give people me and I could be satisfied with having one fan that appreciated me for doing so. I love music because I feel words are powerful and by me providing the world with my perspective it can empower someone else in the process. 

HEADPHONE POLITICS - HOW DID YOU GET TO BE WHO YOU ARE? TELL US WHAT MAKES YOU YOU?

DAY NIZZY - I think being from the hood (Newburgh, NY) but also seeing what the rest of the world outside of the hood made me the man I am today. The fact that I know there's so much more to life made me more versatile then other artist you may hear. My mother tried pursuing a rap career and had connections with some legendary people in hip hop. Names like Lord Finess and Dj Premier, but when she had me it kind of slow her down, so I'd like to believe that I was brought into this world to finish what she started.


HEADPHONE POLITICS - WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?

DAY NIZZY - Currently I'm working on my second EP the follow up to "Book Of Secrets" which you can find on datpiff.com. My new project is still untitled at the moment, but I promise to deliver something better than my last. I am also a quarter of the group Unique Soldiers. We are looking forward to dropping a follow up to our US vs Them Mixtape which I still believe was the hottest mixtape to drop in my hood to date.

HEADPHONE POLITICS - DESCRIBE YOUR MUSIC IN 5 WORDS?


DAY NIZZY - Unique, Intelligent, Dope, Lyrical, and Relevant!!


HEADPHONE POLITICS - GIVE YOUR FANS OR POTENTIAL FANS 3 FUN FACTS ABOUT YOU!


DAY NIZZY - My cousin is CL Smooth who was a rapper who made hits with Pete Rock

I lived in Italy from age 12 years old to 15 years old.
I never been shot, and I don't have any felonies..lol


HEADPHONE POLITICS - WHAT MAKES YOUR VOICE STAND OUT FROM OTHERS?


DAY NIZZY -  I don't feel like I sound like anyone else I have so many different flows that my voice never gets repetitive.


HEADSPHONE POLITICS - Where do you get your inspiration from?


DAY NIZZY - I'm inspired by making my mark on the world. The death of my friend Trent Zachary and for all the people that have been loyal to me over the years I wanna be able to deliver and give back

HEADPHONE POLITICS - If you had to choose and Industry artist Fan base who would it be? Why?

DAY NIZZY - I wouldn't want another artist fan base because I'm so different if anything it would have to be an artist with a long career because I want loyal fans. The attention span is so short nowadays I need fans that's gonna stick by me.


HEADPHONE POLITICS - What Artist that's out now is your style, or in your lane?


DAY NIZZY - I like J cole, Fab, Drake, definitely Hov, but I don't really like to compare myself to anyone, I just wanna be who I was put hear to be.


HEADPHONE POLITICS - What would you rather listen to R&B or Hip Hop Music? WHAT ARTIST DO YOU LISTEN TO? 



DAY NIZZY -  I'm an R&B dude I can't even front..lol, The artist I listen to are the ones I named, plus I like Miguel's Album.


HEADPHONE POLITICS - Who influences your music? 


DAY NIZZY - When I'm makin music I try not to listen to any other artist because I don't want to start sounding like anyone else, I do listen to a lot of R&B when I'm creating though.


HEADPHONE POLITICS - Please describe your fashion style in 5 words? 


DAY NIZZY - I coordinate I'm flashy at times but when you look your best it's easier to have the confidence you need to be successful

HEADPHONE POLITICS - How can people Contact you & Collaborate with you?

DAY NIZZY - @daynizzy on twitter 



HEADPHONE POLITICS - WHAT IS YOUR FUTURE?

DAY NIZZY - I hope one day soon, I will be able to make a career out of this music. I couldn't picture myself doing anything else, and i feel like I have enough talent to do it like no one else can. In 5 yrs I want to be sitting on a couple of platinum plaques, I couldn't name one person that made it from my hood and I feel like all the struggles and pain we endured, that my city is ready for a success story. I am 26 now and I wasted a lot of years. I already lost one of my close friends Trent "Trigga" Zachary at a young age and before my story is finished I want to be able to say I did it for US!!



Headphone Politics - If you want to hear music from this young rising artist you can check his music out here: http://www.reverbnation.com/nizzyhoffa 
or you can download " Book Of Secrets here: http://www.datpiff.com/Day-Nizzy-Book-Of-Secrets-mixtape.308857.html

No comments:

Post a Comment